Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Day Before Christmas

It's the day before Christmas and the view from my window
is brown leaves and bare trees and not a snowflake in sight.
It's raining and cold and not very bright
but inside its warm thanks to the woodstove and oven
as I finally bake some Christmas cookies...if I did it
earlier they'd be eaten by now!  Two out of three presents are
finished...hey, I've still got today!  The crystal trees are glittering on
their shelf above the TV... they don't shed but they do need to be dusted. The house is quiet today as I think of the family and friends that use to be here on Christmas Eve. The food..the noise...the love.  Tomorrow we'll have good food, good conversation and hopefully, love...even if the dog hides under Jeff's chair for awhile.  Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy and Safe New Year!  Mary T

Christmas Day: an unexpected visitor...a mouse has been spotted...in the kitchen...by the piano...under the corner hutch in the living room.  He manages to evade the capture box but he'll be out or caught soon...I hope!  My Holiday Goodwill does not include mice. 12/24/14 12:50 pm

 

No comments: