Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What Nor'easter?

     Well, the nor'easter passed and we ended up with 6" or so of snow, then it started to rain and now we have open spots in the yard.  Never got the stairs shelved off...they just melted!  More rain is in the forecast for this week before light snow on the 1st day of winter...Sunday.  The temperatures have been just above freezing and unless I turn the furnace up the house feels cold and damp.  Glad I have the wood stove!  At least one room stays comfortable!
   Jeff and I went to Utica on Saturday.  The weather
was suppose to be decent but it wasn't.   It rained and was cold.  The first stop was the Bass Pro Shop at Riverside so Jeff could check out the new guns.
Fanny and I sat by their fireplace (dogs are allowed in the store) and watched the crowd.  Fanny was her usual timid self and sat at my feet and quaked!  One time she groaned as a dog...a pit bull or American Staffishire Bullterrior...in a red velvet dress with puff sleeves, ruffles, lace trim, a full petticoat and a bow
on her head...walked by after having her photo taken with Santa.  I reached down and hugged Fanny and
whispered in her ear 'I promise never to do that to you'. I wish I could have taken a photo of that dog.  What a thing to do to your friend.
    The second stop was JoAnn Fabrics in New Hartford where I got the yarn I needed to finish my Christmas knitting.  Actually we stopped at Jeff's
sister's on the way but she wasn't home so we went on to New Hartford.  Jeff went to Ollie's while I was in JoAnn's and he said it was packed.  JoAnn's wasn't that bad!
    Then it was back to Sherry's and Jeff hauled out the ladder and changed the outside lightbulbs by her
back door.  Fanny and her dogs ran around the yard for a few minutes but by then even the dogs didn't want to be outside.
     Jeff and I were going to stop at Chantary's but
decided to skip it.  Too many people, lousy weather and neither one of us felt that great.  That's what 
happens when you stay away from crowds for too long!  We both came back feeling lousy so while Jeff went to his apartment to sleep I stoked up the fire,
made a pot of tea and put on the dvd of White
Christmas.  Unfortunately, I spent most of Saturday 
night on the phone so I didn't get to enjoy the movie
but I replayed it Sunday night!  I've seen it so many times I know the songs, most of the dialogue and many of the dance routines!  It's my favorite Christmas movie. And I can knit to it so easily!  May have to watch it once more to get all my knitting done! 
Today I moved part of my 'crystal forest' back to the shelf above the TV and  turned on the lights.  That's my Christmas display this year! (The other part of the 'forest' is on the piano with some glass snowmen...the best kind!)  
  
   
         
        
   

No comments: