Friday, December 5, 2014

December...at Last

   I worked in Cooperstown yesterday and came home to the heavenly smells of one of Jeff's soup/stews.  He had done a ham-bean soup that was so thick you almost needed a fork to eat it!  There were fresh carrots...from the garden...and beets that he sneaked in!  And besides ham...because he didn't think there was enough, he had beef and pork from our canned staples shelf.  And there were split peas and dry beans...I don't want to know the calories or carbs!  It was delicious and warm and so good!  I sat in my chair after supper and that's as far as I got.  No knitting.  No TV.  And after Jeff left, I went to bed.  (Fanny had gotten me up at 5:45am because Something was outside and she had to investigate.)  When I got up this morning I found the kitchen a mess...a great chef can't be expected to clean up...right???   (Why not?)  Jeff took a quart of his soup to friends who are temporarily lodged at a motel in town because of a major water leak in their apartment.  Their landlord is footing the bill but that doesn't include meals so she packed a cooler...bet the motel management loved that!...to last them a day or two.  If the leaky pipe is traced back to Jeff's bathtub he may be here for a couple of days.  The building has polished cement floors with stones embedded in them...terezza...and that means a jack-hammer and wet cement! 
 
This is the set I finished yesterday in the shop.  It's a size 1 and I'm calling it White Flowers.  Wouldn't it be pretty on a dark-haired little girl?  I thought this would be a nice change from the cream colored sweater with purple flowers that was hanging right there when I opened the store.  Around 2pm a nice lady came in, walked around the shop stopping in front of the sweater and said 'that settles it' and the Purple Flowers set had found a new home.  Can't complain.  Or shouldn't complain!  I'll start another one today and hopefully, get it done in time for Steve to take done on Tuesday when he works.  I'm finished working for the season and I really don't want to drive to Cooperstown again this year if I can help it.  He has another day to work later this month if I have to send anything down again. 
   I may have started something.  I always post my sweaters on Facebook before putting them in the shop and now the shop has 2 Facebook pages, one we maintain(CooperCountry Crafts) and one thru the Chamber of Commerce (Cooper Country Crafts).  Both full of photos of what's available in the shop this holiday season.  A woman saw a sweater...on both sites... and emailed me asking how she could buy it. We decided to put it thru the shop so the customer could use her credit card.  Now other members want that to happen for them and I volunteered to keep our site up-to-date.  Hope this generates some holiday sales coz things have slowed down some in town.  The shop is open 10am-5pm every day thru Christmas Eve and the phone number is 607-547-9247.   Better get back to knitting in case this works!!
     

No comments: