Wednesday, March 25, 2020

My Highland Collection

 
   This is the latest Highland Knit piece I've completed.  It's a Highland Capelet based on designs by the Scottish Princess and Carryl McCarthy and Wanda Mae Kafka.  It's done in Premier Serenity, a chunky acrylic on US 15's, and is machine wash and dryable.  It requires a shawl pin that I'm hoping to try my hand.  In the meantime I'm using a shawl pick to hold the sides closed.(added 4/19/2020)

  Here's my complete...to date...Highland Collection based on the designs shown in the pattern book Highland Knits, inspired by Diana Gabaldon's books and TV series "Outlander" and collected by the editors of Interweave.  I've also used patterns I've found on Ravelry.com, a website for knitters and crocheters.
Claire's Rent Collecting Shawl
based on the design "When in Scotland' by Rilana Riley Munson
available in cafe latte (shown), heather gray, turquoise, amethyst.
The 3 pairs of gauntlets are (l-r) 'Healer's Hands' in gray, 'Love Triangle'
in oatmeal and 'Thru the Stones' in cafe latte.  They are based on designs by Carol Ruhl,
Kristen Brooks, Kalurah Hudson, Wanda Mae Kafka, and the Scottish Princess.


The Boar Hunt Capelet
based on the design by Tina Brooks
available in cornmeal (shown), heather gray, cafe lattte)

The Gathering Cowl
based on the design The Gathering Infinity Scarf
by Karen Clements
available in heather gray (rust, soft navy)


   All designs are worked in 100% acrylic yarn and are machine wash and dry-able.  Prices are available upon request. And while I say an item is based on a design by someone else (to give the original designer credit) I always make changes while knitting...if I can see how to do something easier or if I lose my place in the directions (yes, that happens!)  The items may end up looking the same but have minor construction differences.  I am currently working on other designs for gauntlets, caplets and shawls and as I complete them I will post their photos here.  
   While they are currently available only from me, after the 'shelter in place' orders are lifted they will be available at 
Cooper Country Crafts 
               2 Doubleday Court,                Cooperstown, NY

No comments: