Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Highland Knitting

      I thought I had a good...not a great, but a pretty good stash to knit from but after reading and rereading Highland Knits, the patterns based on 'Outlander', trying to decide which ones I wanted to make, I realized I'm going to need yarn.  I have enough worsted to do the fingerless mitts or arm warmers but the cowls and the Boar Hunt Caplet call for bulky and I have just 2 whole skeins of the same color of that.  Luckily, I have to go to Walmart today and pick up an Rx (Warfarin) so I think a side trip over to the yarn display will fit in nicely.  There is no rush to get the yarn, I don't see the shop opening on time (April 15th) this year but with the libraries closed I've got to spread out my knitting and reading time or else I may have to resort to cleaning house to stay busy before this quarantine is lifted!  I've got 1 episode of Season One of 'Outlander' left to watch and I don't want to rush it.  Watching the show has helped me decide what I want to knit.  I wasn't going to do any of the cowls but I like the one Claire's been wearing.  By the time this mess is over I should have a nice inventory, hopefully, some of it will sell!  I will post photos of my inventory as I finish. 
So far, all I have done is  Claire's
Collecting Rent shawl and a pair Herb Healers Gauntlets...


I hope to finish the 2nd pair of arm
warmers today and then it will be the the Boar Hunt Caplet.

No comments: