Monday, March 2, 2020

Better Keep Knitting

       I must be slowing down because I've got only 3 projects going at once right now.  I finished Jeff's birthday socks in the red-white-blue merino I received in my last Yarn Pal package (from New Zealand).  Since I sold both of the 'When in Scotland' shawls I made (supposedly for the shop) I decided I better do another one.  I had bought 2 jumbo skeins of the Red Heart acrylic worsted in cafe late just after Thanksgiving and used 1 for the shawls but I can't find the other skein.  I've pulled boxes and bags out from under the bed and from the back of the closet but I still can't find it so I gave up and bought a regular size skein on Friday.  I've got that section of the shawl almost finished...it's on US10's and it goes fast.  My 2nd project is a baby sweater with white sport yarn on US7's.  I honestly haven't worked on that since I started it.  My knitting mojo is working fine, I just don't seem to want to work on baby sweaters right now!  The 3rd project is a shawl called 'Guernsey in Pink' and it starts with the lace edging.  That's 10 sts on US3's in a 10 row pattern that's repeated 55 times.  It works out to something like 4 1/2 ft of lace.  (I've got about 3 ft finished right now!) I've decided it's a good thing I wasn't born 200 years ago because I'd have very plain linens and underwear.  Knitting lace edging is boring and takes forever!  
   Oh, I saw some patterns for market bags made out of plastic grocery bags.  Since they are no longer 'legal' to use them in NY and I have a huge supply I thought I'd try to knit some.  We'll see how they work out. 
   Jeff just brought home a 'test drive' from Skinner's...a Honda.  It looks good, clean, no rust, but it has high mileage.  They're trying to make a deal with him for 2 vehicles but the mileage on that one has me hesitating.  We talked to Dave at Hillslide Friday and he wants us to stop there this week to see what he has.  We thought we do it when we go to Little Falls for a doctor's appointment later this week... before we make up our minds about this Honda.  We really need 2 vehicles.

No comments: