Thursday, December 5, 2019

Keeping Up The 'Chooch' Tradition

     Wally cried "Uncle" today and admitted he couldn't get the entire driveway open even on his riding blower.  He really felt the pain he has in his hands and feet from peripheral nephropathy from diabetes when he tried to clear around his garage and house.  He also said he tried to get someone to plow us out but that guy...a friend of his...isn't that reliable and hasn't showed up yet.  Wally suggested Jeff try to knock down the berm that the town plow has created in the mouth of the long driveway.  
   That's what Jeff is doing now...outside trying to open the berm with the walk-behind blower.  If Jeff wasn't low on a couple of Rx's I don't think he'd be out there...at least I hope he wouldn't.  I told him we belong together.  We're what my mom called  'chooches'.   Good-hearted folks who will help others without being asked but have to beg for other to help them.  
   Mom had a glass donkey with a cart where she use to put her earrings at night that she called her 'chooch' cart and always said that if we ever had a


Josie's Chooch Cart
family crest or flag it would have a 'chooch' cart pulling a load of manure on it. I don't see why we couldn't wait until Dougie comes down with his plow on Saturday....  (I really have learned when to keep my mouth shut!   Sometimes!!)  Anyway, I made a packet of potato soup so Jeff will have something hot to eat when he come in and it smells pretty good!  In the meantime I think I'm going to go back to my knitting...if the dogs let me.  Both are barking up a storm and Zoey keeps running from window to window to try and see where Jeff is!  I tried that but I can't see him or the arc of snow from the blower.
   Well, Jeff got the berm cleared out but the effort did a number on him.  He is really going to need PT on Tuesday.

No comments: