Monday, December 2, 2019

Black Friday? Bah! Humbug!!

      Black Friday sales were not up to those from the recent past.  It was still a decent weekend...till the snow storm hit on Sunday...but I didn't sell what I had hoped.  It looks like my display will be well stocked for the rest of the season with just a few admissions.  I've got those 2 Fair Isle hats ready to go and I started a raglan sweater based on the Baby Norgi pattern I saw on Ravelry.  I think I'll keep it to a size 2.  I got stuck on Hat #4 for the Library Fence...really screwed up the pattern...and it was just a spiral rib!  I want to finish that today and do 1 more and then I've got to finish sewing in the lining for the Puppy Helmet and get that in the mail, and finish a pair of socks for a friend THEN I can start my Christmas knitting.  Maybe if we get a couple more days of being snowed in I can get everything finished!!
   That snowstorm produced quite a lot of snow (13") yesterday but not the whole 12-24" that had been forecasted.  Our driveway is full and Wally kept his word and did not snowblow it's entire length.  Jeff hasn't been able to switch decks on the Cub Cadet yet (with his shoulder problem) so the only snowblower we have is a 'walk behind'.  He said he's going to be able to clear between the garage and the house with that without any problems.  (Wally cleared between his garage and his house with his riding blower but did not open up the long driveway.)  I called and rescheduled Jeff's PT so we don't have to go anywhere until Wednesday.  Maybe the garbage truck will make a wide enough track tomorrow so we can get out after him.  I just hope it doesn't get stuck!!
    I think I'll have another cup of coffee and find some lunch.  Maybe I'll make some Oatmeal Squares before I start this afternoon's activities (knitting).  It looks very pretty outside but not very inviting!

No comments: