Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Jeff 13 Mice 0

    Jeff got a couple more mice yesterday and 2 more overnight.  I sure hope that wipes out at least 2 nests.  A mouse nest has an average of 6-8 inhabitants and he's gotten 13 so far!  I know there are at least 2 still alive but their days are numbered.
    It was another of those gray, damp, chilly winter days yesterday but with rain instead snow.  My body knew something was coming because I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep last night...kept tossing and turning.  I knew it was bad when Fanny, the Australian Cattledog/mix sighed deeply, got up off the bed next to me and jumped into the armchair at the foot of the bed.  She stayed there for a couple of hours...until she was sure I had fallen asleep?  I remember looking at the bedside clock at 2:40 am and then it was suddenly blinking at me!  I must have fallen asleep (at last) and the power had gone out.  When it came back on, the clock started blinking wildly!  After I realized what was happening I managed to turn on the light and reset the clock...my cell phone in it's charger said it was 3:45 am.    I decided a quick trip to the bathroom was probably a good idea then and when I got into the hall realized something in the kitchen was blinking, too!  Turned out to be the clock on the stove!  Got it reset and finally made it back to bed around 4 am.  Fell back to sleep quickly and the next thing I knew the phone was ringing!  It was 8:30 am!  A telemarketer!  I not too graciously nor ladylike told her what I thought of her calling at that time and hung up.  Two more telemarketers called after that...about 45 minutes apart...but I had given up and gotten up.  Jeff was up by then and both dogs had been let out and brought back in but that hadn't stopped Zoey from 'going' on the TV room floor.  (At least she picks the room with vinyl flooring instead of hardwood.)  Today's weather turned out to be about the same as yesterday so I layered up before we headed out for Jeff's PT...scheduled for 2 pm.  We stopped at the car dealer on the highway across from the florist on our way past because we both saw Subaru's(different ones) in the lot.  We stopped again on the way home and got the details.  It looks like we may end up buying a used Outback (my preference) or Forester (Jeff's preference) if they can find us one and we can make a deal.  Their mechanic also rebuilds Subaru's so that's probably where we could get the best deal  for ours.  We told them we weren't really in a hurry...just by Spring!
   I took a sock I was making for Jeff's birthday (March 1st) with me to work on while he was in PT.  Got plenty of questions and
comments about it.  Got quite a bit of it done, too!  I'm about ready to turn the heel and start on the leg.  Jeff likes wearing wool socks...wears them all year...and really needs some new ones.  (You can darn them only so many times!!)  When I got home today I started looking at online catalogs for sock yarn but couldn't find what I really liked.  Then I found Knitcrate...a monthly club that sells yarn.  I joined and ordered some sock yarn.  If I don't like it...for Jeff...I'll use it for me (I need new socks, too) and the yarn I was going to use for myself will just become another pair of socks for him.  One thing I do have to say about Jeff, he doesn't complain if the colorway of the sock yarn is a little wild.  He always says...his feet are in his shoes...who cares what color his socks are.  That sure gives me a lot of leeway when picking out yarn.  (I do compromise a little and stay away from the purples and pinks and the beaded yarns.) Now let's 
see if I can finish his birthday socks AND make him a pair for Christmas. 
 

No comments: