Wednesday, October 2, 2019

And Today...

   Today Jeff's blood sugar was really high this morning...just over 400!  I called the Diabetic Educator at Herkimer and left a message for her and for our PA's nurse.  The nurse called me back about an hour later and Dora called back this afternoon. I explained the situation to them and they both had ideas on how to help Jeff.   Hopefully, we'll get in to see our PA in a week or so (before the visit with the cardio/PA in Little Falls.)  Dora's going to talk with the nurse and have her call us back tomorrow and go over his meds.  Jeff's blood sugar came down a few points during the day today...he's back on his oral diabetic meds.  Tonight he took some CBD oil because his arthritis pain is increasing again.  That helped to lower his blood sugar before so it may help again.
  I had an appointment to have an INR done this afternoon.  Actually, I was suppose to have it done yesterday but we weren't home in time for me to keep that appointment.  My INR was back in range and I'll have to have it checked again in 2 weeks. With a little luck it will stay in range and I'll be back to having it checked once a month. (That's one of the drawbacks of taking Warfarin...frequent blood tests.)
  Just before we went to town Maggie and Horst stopped on their way to their PT appointments at Little Falls.  Maggie brought a bag of goodies!  Home made jams and chili, tomatoes from her garden!  Even a skein of Red Heart Soft Baby yarn and some cute buttons!  (There's yarn to make a size 1 sweater & hat!)  And her jams are so good!!! I'd be happy with tea and toast...with her jams...for supper!! 
  Jeff and I ended up having lunch at Burger King (the dogs shared chicken nuggets) between my INR and going to Walmart.  Then it was home.  He sat in front of his PC all afternoon and the dogs slept next to me near by mine.  I still think it will be an early night.

No comments: