Saturday, October 5, 2019

Almost Back To Normal

   Jeff's blood sugar is coming down slowly...too slowly for him! Thursday he had another blood test and got the OK to restart the last oral diabetic med he was on before his hospital stay.  He's taken it 2 days/4 times and his blood sugar came down another couple of points.  His Diabetic Educator/nurse, Dora, said she'd give him until Tues or Wed to get the blood sugar down to where it was before his hospital stay.  If it doesn't fall that low, she's going to start changing med dosages.  My cousin Ed came over yesterday afternoon with a sugar-free apple pie but Jeff decided not to have any...yet.  (He really wants his blood sugar back where it was before!)  
   I turned the furnace on yesterday...it was just too cold in the house not to!  I even had the oven on...tried to bake a sugar-free/flour-free dessert...at least it helped warm up the kitchen.  The furnace ran off and on overnight.  It's about 68-70 inside right now but it feels colder to me.  (Thanks to Warfarin, no doubt.) I'm tired, too.  Went to bed around 8pm last night but was up at midnight...Jeff got up to cook his midnight snack!  I woke up this morning around 9am but went back to bed and slept til almost 11am.  I still want to sleep!!  Tension and Warfarin do that to you, too. 
    I sat by the sunny window in my room (after I cleaned off Zoey's nose prints) and finished a book I had been reading while I ate lunch.  Then I started a Black Sheep sweater because the one in the shop had sold.  I've got 3 Christmas sweaters just about
ready to go down to the
shop with Marion this week.  This Baseball Snowman just needs some snowflakes around him and he'll be finished.

The SnowLady is finished!  All 3 sweaters are size 4, raglan pullovers, hand-knit with 100% acyrlic Red Heart worsted on circular US 5 & 7's.  The BB Snowman has a baseball mitt
button at the end of one stick arm and a baseball button at the other.  The SnowLady had knit mittens on her stick arms.  The 3rd snowman needs his arms and mittens, yet, and some decorations on the tree.  All 3 of them have knit carrot noses and french knot eyes.  Their scarves tie around their necks, too!
  Then it will be time to do a few more pumpkin hats before I start some winter hat and  mitten sets.  As long as I'm cold I'm hoping other folks will feel the change in the weather, too, and start buying winter things!  Maybe some booties?!?  A fancy scarf or two?!?  We'll see how ambitious I get.

No comments: