Sunday, December 24, 2017

Twas the Night Before Christmas

    Here's my honey clusters.  I thought the recipe made more than this but maybe I cut them smaller in the past.  Anyway, it's all done and sitting in the refrigerator  so the honey will harden.  My cookie tray looks pretty good even if I cheated and  bought the pizzellas.  The tray is sitting oven (cold) so the puppy can't get to it!  Here's the goodie box for my 


 All I have left to do for dessert is to make the chocolate pie and decorate it with Cool Whip and maraschino cherries.  Dinner will be easy, too.  A pork loin on the rotisserie, with gravy, green beans and scalloped potatoes.  I think I'll make baking powder biscuits, too, they always go well with gravy.  Jeff's sister has decided to heed the weather forecast and stay home.  We're suppose to get 3-6" of snow tonight and again tomorrow so I don't blame her.  I checked the forecast and it looks better for New Year's Day so I invited Sherry to dinner then.  I'll ask Ed tomorrow if he's free and probably do an Italian dinner for a change. (Ravioli, meatballs, sausage, and antipasto with maybe cheesecake for dessert.)  It will also give me another week to get their Christmas presents knit.


cousin to take home with him.  It doesn't really have a lot of cookies but he lives alone so it should be enough for 1 person.

No comments: