Thursday, December 21, 2017

Email Christmas Cards

     I've always wanted to send email Christmas cards but never had the nerve till now.  Tuesday after I sat here and wrote out my Christmas card list and looked at my check book, I went to bluemountaincards.com (Blue Mountain Cards) and joined for $4.99/month.  Then I went thru the choices they have for email Christmas cards and picked out the ones I liked and sent them to the email addresses I have for family and friends.  Everyone did not get the same card...something I was afraid would happened.  I found several very nice cards with touching poems that fit the bill for family and friends that no longer live close enough for a holiday visit, a couple of others for the pet-lovers among us and a lovely sentimental card with religious overtones for another.  My favorite card was the one I 'created' or personalized to send to Jeff's friend, Doug, who arranged for us to get Zoey.  (It's an animated photo of a dachshund wearing a 'Santa' hat and a red scarf standing in front of a dog house in a snowy yard.  In a girl's voice the dachshund says ' my cousin, Zoey the beagle, asked me to wish you a Merry Christmas and to thank you for sending her to Mary T and Jeff's house.'  It goes on to say that while Zoey has Jeff wrapped around her paw and I'm not totally in her corner yet but leaning that way!  It's a really cute card that both Jeff and I laughed about...especially when the dachshund said Zoey was ruling the roost!)  It was so easy to send the 18 cards...with personalized messages...and the price couldn't be beat. (I sent 1 card to an old friend who isn't an emailer and that cost me $4.97 at Wal-Mart for the card and .49 at the Post Office for the stamp!)  There were even spaces to check if I wanted to be notified when the 'card' was 'delivered' and 'opened'.  And I didn't have to stand in line at the Post Office to buy stamps!  I was actually a little proud of myself for doing it this way.  But now I'm having 2nd thoughts...while all 18 cards have been delivered only 4 cards have been 'opened' so far.  I'm disappointed...but I don't know with whom/what!  My attempt to keep the holiday spirit going without spending a ton of money or people who don't check their email.  Oh, well, maybe next year I'll just skip the whole process.





Found that several email address I have are out-of-date!  I've  checked addresses and recent those cards!!  As of 12/24/17, 10 of the 18 have been picked up.  I really must have screwed up the addresses!!

No comments: