Monday, June 5, 2017

Old Friends

     I had a great visit with an old friend from college today.  Maggie and I met at HC3, as we called it, in the fall of 1968 and were part of a great group, the 2nd class at what is now called Herkimer College.  Lately I've been chatting with another former classmate who now lives in south Florida.  With Tim as a starting point, Maggie and I talked for 2 hours this afternoon over coffee at  Danny's Market on Main St. in Cooperstown.  I can't begin to count the number of times one of us said 'do you remember'....  We talked about those who are no longer with us like Jay, Danny and Debbie and those who still are like Gary, John and Linda and wonder what became of those like Greg, John P and Sam, Sue, Chris and Frank.  I relayed all that I could remember to Tim on Facebook tonight, taking him on a trip back in time with us.  We all still had our Rod McKuen poetry books...Tim introduced Maggie and me to that poet...and our very thin yearbooks.  Tim posted a current photo of  himself...and I had to

promise I'd take a photo of Mary-Margaret the next time we were together so he could see how we've aged. (It's been 47 years since we graduated and went on to 3 different 4-yr colleges.)  All the time we sat in Danny's it was pouring buckets in Cooperstown but Maggie and I were having a great time.  We're  going to get together again this summer...she works at the Fennimore House...and I do have to take that photo of us to keep my promise to Tim. 
(I've had problems keeping the original copy of this photo that I cut and pasted from Facebook Messenger from disappearing so I had it printed and took a photo of it.  Hope this one stays put!)

No comments: