Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Quiet Day in Cooperstown

   It was a quiet day...or half a day...in Cooperstown for me today.  I counted the money and only had to count the pennies twice to get the same total as closing last night.  Then I put out a nice display on the side of the shop facing the parking lot and a few more things on the little shelves under the window by the front door.  I checked the flower boxes and was surprised to find them on the dry side so I watered them and the hanging baskets.  Then I went inside and started to unpack my bag.  I had brought the pin-stripe V-neck sweater that I finally finished and put that on a hanger and on display.  Then I sewed the buttons onto the Fair Isle sweater I made using Mary Maxim Baby Blankie in Blueberry.  Once that was done and on display I decided it was time for a

photo.  That Fair Isle was a 'cut and paste' and had a lot of ends to work in but it made up rather cute, if I say so myself.  After that was over all I had left to do was the embroidery on a baseball hat and that didn't take long.  I had the yarn to do another baseball hat but it was after noon and since I was only work half a day I decided to eat my salad and read a book rather than do anything else constructive.  I had a few customers including a couple of gentlemen with a very young one who wanted to know where the backs/safeties were for the earrings he wanted to buy for his sisters.  I showed him how that style...French wires...doesn't need backs or safeties and we decided his sisters might be too little for them.  His father decided baseball bead bracelets probably would be better for them than sterling silver bb earrings.  I surprised myself by getting the earring into my earhole!  I haven't worn earrings in about 8 or 9 months!  They felt rather comfortable, too.  (Hey, Anita, I think I like your earrings!)  I had a nice chat with my work partner before I left, too.  On the way home I passed an Amish man and boy in a buggy on Rte. 28 along Canadarago Lake towing a boat and trailer behind their buggy! Neat!! The only upsetting sight today was the Cooperstown cop walking around Doubleday Field parking lot writing out parking tickets and leaving them on windshields.  Tourist don't believe that lot is metered and they pay the price...make that PRICE.  I work again next Friday...alone, all day...so I should do a few different things to take down...especially because it is the weekend for the 4th of July and traditionally a big sales time for us.
  

No comments: