Thursday, December 1, 2016

Jeff's Keeping Busy, too!

     I don't think Jeff was every very good at waiting for anything.  This close to Christmas he came home from Tractor Supply today (where he went to get dog food and a couple of bundles of hardwood) with this knife and tool sharpener and spent part of this afternoon...sharpening knives!  He can also sharpen scissors, axes and the blades to the lawn mower.  He's  been researching it online and was surprised
to find it in Herkimer. 
He also got the
replacement
agreement. 
Unfortunately, you have
to order the
replacement belts when they are needed.  I can't wait until he sharpens my scissors!
   I finished the 2d Tree on the Car hat yesterday and then charted a snowflake.  I spent last night and today trying to get it knit but it's not coming out the way I like.  I've had to remove a lot of the extra snowflakes...just single stitches...to simplify the design coz there is just so much you can put on a baby hat.  I'm down to 3 snowflakes...15 sts each...and it's looking pretty good.  The one I'm working on is gray with pink snowflakes and the 2nd one will be navy with lime green snowflakes.  I know, I know, not exactly traditional Christmas colors but they look pretty good.  As soon as I can I will post photos and you can make up your own mind.  Until then, it's time to get back to knitting!

No comments: