Friday, December 2, 2016

I Never Know When To Quit

   You would think that I would learn to set my knitting aside when I work on a hat...that's 63 stitches...for a day and a half and can't get the design from the graph paper into it.  But no.  I just keep ripping it out and trying again.  Maybe I'm not counting correctly.  Maybe I copied the graph wrong.  Maybe I'm just going crazy.  Finally, yesterday afternoon, after starting the hat the day before and
after removing most of the extra design elements from a charted snowflake, I got the damn snowflake to repeat 3 times around the hat. I finished the it...but did not sew it up or work in the ends...and immediately started another one.  And, wonders of wonders, the 2nd hat worked up in an hour and a half without any problems.  Today I'll sew up both hats and work in all the loose ends...and make the pompoms for the tops.  UCK...pompoms, I hate making them!  (Usually one will explode on me and little pieces of yarn will go flying all over the room.  But isn't that the way it looks around my chair normally?)  Anyway, they'll finish those hats perfectly.  Then I think I'll try something I saw online...a Christmas Candy Hat...a white hat with red and green stripes swirled around it.  Let's see how I can screw that up.  
   Oh, and the reason I was having such a difficult time with that pattern...I think I was getting sick...a cold...and didn't want to give in to it.  I coughed all night and woke up with a sore throat this morning. 

No comments: