Thursday, December 15, 2016

A Very Wintry Day

     The weather today kept changing.  There was a pink sky when I woke up around 7am but it had been replaced with a whiteout by 9am.  When that finished around 10:30, we had a beautiful blue sky with sunshine...but it was cold...temps were only in the teens.  Twice during the day suddenly there were whiteouts again...the last one around supper time that closed the local libraries and cancelled bingo games and afterschool activities, according to the TV news.  Right now it's clear...and cold again and it's suppose to stay that way thru the night.  Tomorrow is suppose to be better...warming up during the day.
   I sat by the woodstove and knit on hats to take to the shop tomorrow until Jeff told me to let the fire go out.  We were getting a strong backdraft and smoke was coming into the house.  He went outside during one of the clear times and cleaned the chimney pipe but he still wouldn't let me have a fire.  He wants to clean the stove and maybe replace the blanket  (whatever that is) tomorrow while I'm at the shop.
   So today I sat there and knit.  Made 3 hats to take to the shop to replace what sold over the weekend and today at the Showcase that was held at Bassett.  I got a little carried away and
did 2 of them  (the pink and gray, and the lime and navy) in the next larger
size to fit 2-3 yr olds and only 1 (the white and red) in the baby size.  Then I spent the time after supper
making the pompoms and learned that I don't do a very good job making pompoms.   I think I should just give in and either buy one of the new pompom makers or not make hats that require pompoms.  I've got 1 order for a 2-3 yr old hat that I have to do this weekend but right now I can't stand to think about making another pompom.  I've got to sweep up the exploded pompoms yet.  Boy, do I know how to waste yarn.


No comments: