Monday, November 28, 2016

Knitting, Dancing and Cleaning the Water Filter

        Yesterday I started knitting to replace the 2 hats that sold this weekend (and that's all that I sold over Black Friday and Shop Local Saturday).  This is the baby Flower Hat done in Red Heart Silver with a red rose that I finished yesterday.   I also got one of the


new scalloped edge baby hats, done in Red Heart Turqua with purple embroidered flower buds, finished last night. Today I did another red rose and put it on a Red Heart denim Hat.  Tonight I'd like to do a

scalloped edge hat but I haven't picked the color yet.  
    It was easy to knit this morning.  PBS was rerunning an Andre Rieu show from last night and his music is easy to knit to.  In fact, I tried to get Fanny to dance around the room with me, but she ran into the other room to hide when I began waltzing around.  After Rieu they had a guy, Max Raabe, singing songs from the 1920 and 30's in German and English.  Let's just say it was different and let it go at that.  I took that as an opportunity to go and take a shower. 
    I've decided to redo my entire hat display and put in new hats next week when I work.  The ones that have been there longer than a month will be donated to the library in Herkimer and put on their donation fence (those who need something are encouraged to take their pick from what's hanging there).  I think I have a scarf that I may donate, too.
   In the meantime, when Fanny ran into the other room to get out of dancing with me, she sat next to the computer and kept her eye on Jeff who was cleaning the Berkey filters.  He has to do that about once a month and we replace the
filters every 6 months or so, depending on how much rain we've gotten (more rain means a higher water table and longer filter life.)  He tried to teach me how to clean them once but I couldn't do it as well as he does so it's still his job. (My mama didn't raise a fool.)
   From her chair, Fanny has a good line of sight to what's happening at the kitchen table, counters and stove and if she turns her head, outside in the back yard.  She's not too happy when I make her move so I can hang up
hats or sweaters to photograph them.  She demands a dog treat in payment for the use of the back of her throne/chair.  Sometimes I wonder who's the Alpha Bitch in this pack.

No comments: