Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Busy Weekend

   I had a pretty good week...sales-wise...in the shop this week.  I sold 2 sweaters and a couple of hats.  Of course, that means I had to restock...or at least, knit them and have some one else take them to the shop for me.  So I made 2 'Flowers and Lace' sweaters...since those were the style that had sold and remembered that Steve was working on Monday (tomorrow) so they had a ride.  This is a size 2 done in Red Hearts Silver with raspberry trim.  I  
had thought of trimming it in purple but it looked too dark.  However, I didn't have any buttons so Saturday I went to Walmart to see what I could find.  I got so involved with choosing buttons for my flower pins that I forgot to look for raspberry buttons!  That meant I had to go back this morning and get them...which turned out to be OK since I had to get

cuphooks to put on my pin display so it could be hung up.  This sweater is a size 1 done in Red Hearts Turqua with pink trim.  I also managed to get 1 penguin hat finished but that was a struggle.  I was having a real hard time working on black. Even used the headlamp Jeff gave me!
   I spent most of yesterday working on my pins.  Knitting the flowers was the easy part!  The rolled roses knit up quickly and the other flower got easier each time I made one.  Each

flower got 2 knit leaves and once they were all sewed together, a felt backing had to
be sewn on before the
pinback got sewed on.
The display board itself took longer than I
thought because I forgot

you had to be careful working with a hot glue gun.  Made a mess of my counter...leaving a trail of glue!  Luckily it peeled off once it cooled off.  There's no 'shelf room' in the shop for this display so I put cup hooks on the top and that should hold it.  (Actually, it's an 8"x10" stretched canvas and all I did was pad it and cover it with black fabric.)  I think they will make nice stocking stuffers and the pins can be worn with scarves, shawls or on a lapel.  Even Jeff complimented me on them!
   I think Fanny was registering a complaint that I had spent too much time on my knitting and ignored her this weekend in this photo. 

No comments: