Sunday, October 2, 2016

Living With A Dog...and A Man

    I worked in the shop in Cooperstown yesterday leaving the man and his best friend home together.  When I got back home after 6pm both were happy to see me and all seemed well.  After supper...subs that I picked up on the way thru Herkimer...I noticed a small pile of dog food on the floor under the table so I asked Jeff about it.  He said he never noticed it but he had given Fanny a scooper of dry food before he went to town during the afternoon when she didn't want to go with him.  I swept it up and started looking around.  I asked him if he had finished the loaf of bread that had been on the table when I left.  He groaned and suggested I check his bed.  Fanny (who had done it before) had taken the loaf of bread to bed with her...along with the empty Styrofoam tray that had held the veal cutlets we had Friday night for supper and had been in the garbage but was now washed...licked clean by a dog(?), a new hard rubber toy with the hangtag still attached that had been on the counter and a half empty one pound package of chopped walnuts, that had also been on the counter.  (She left the bag of dog treats untouched.)  I've never heard of a dog eating

walnuts.  She did not get sick (thank God!) but did spread some of the nuts around a little.  And no, she did not eat any of the bread.  I guess walnuts and veal juice/blood may be appetizing to a dog but Italian bread didn't sound good.  Anyway, Jeff and Fanny stayed on opposite sides of the house last night and this morning she was still avoiding him. 
There is never a dull moment around here.
p.s.  My TracPhone is still working but the screen isn't showing anything except a big blank.  I called home from Cooperstown and got thru just fine.

No comments: