Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Full Day

   I was scheduled to work half a day in the shop yesterday so I was one of those lucky ones who got to drive in the downpour yesterday morning.  It rained so hard going south on Rte 28 I could hardly see in front of me.  Good thing there wasn't much traffic coz I was barely moving up the hill!  I think I may have hit 45mph!!  Then, when I got past the Jordanville Rd the rain stopped suddenly.  I just drove out of it!!  And it was dry and almost sunny the rest of the way to Cooperstown.  Strange weather.  But, remember what they say about the northeast, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change.
   Cooperstown was busy but not hopping!  It took all morning to get a good sale...and of course, it wasn't anything of mine. But some nice people came in including a 3yr boy with his mom who were on their way to the farmer's market to celebrate his birthday with a special treat.  Mom decided to stop and let him pick out a wooden truck, and then he picked one out for his little brother, too.  Couldn't tell which truck made him happier his or the one for his brother!   I asked if I could offer him a treat from our Trick or Treat jar before lowering the glass pumpkin down to his level.  The idea of picking out a Reese's cup really thrilled him.  I think he was having a very good birthday.
   I took several hats to fill up my display...owls and penguins...but I couldn't take any photos because my camera needed to be charged.  Seems I grabbed the wrong cord the other day when I tried to charge it and it didn't work.  Gotta get rid of that cord!!  I ended up doing 3 penguin hats (2 baby and 1 child) to add a little winter variety to my display.  Anita and Elma liked them...hope some customers do!  I didn't get my sweaters finished so it looks like I'll have to go down this week and put them up.  I'm not scheduled to work until Nov. 15th and that's a long time with empty shelves!!
   Several other crafters stopped in during the morning.  Debb was there to restock her hand-carved wooded pieces and I got to meet her daughter.  Then Anita came in, too.  I had promised to make her an Owl hat and she came in to try it on.  It fit and she liked it and we decided to trade rather than do cash for it.  I got a very nice pair of earrings with real carnelian stones in them.  I also heard about her adventures with their new mattress.  She's got to be careful getting out of that bed...it's a little high and she's fallen out once already.  Then Elma came in and she was my 'other half' so I could go home. I hope sales got better as the day went on.
   When I got home after an mostly uneventful ride...just a lot of deer sightings and some strange fog hanging over the Valley when I came down the hill into Mohawk...Jeff wanted to go pick up his new PC at Walmart.  He had put an Acer on layaway last week and decided to get it now.  He spent most of last night setting it up.  I kept hearing '#*@!*' coming from his room at regular intervals along with the beeps of the PC starting up.  Fanny got me up once during the night to go outside and Jeff was using this PC because his was still downloading some program or other.   Jeff and I stopped at Burger King for a really late lunch after we got his new PC (I got Fanny some chicken nuggets as a treat, actually, that was her dinner...cut up and mixed in with some kibble...she enjoyed it) so there was no supper to fix last night.  I put on a pot of coffee
when we got home, Jeff started to set up his PC and I played on this one for awhile.  I think I gave up and went to bed by 8pm.  Eventho I don't mind working in the shop, the trip to and from Cooperstown is starting to get to me...especially when the weather is 'interesting'.

No comments: