Sunday, August 28, 2016

Still Knitting

     Although Friday in the shop was a slow day with sales coming in spurts I did manage to sell 3 of my own sweaters...something I rarely if ever have done before!  The lady came and picked up the Train Hoodie that she had ordered and I gave her the choice of the color combination she had asked for or the one I did on my own on the 2nd sweater.  She picked my combo!  Oh, well, I knew it was a good looking sweater....
This is an old pattern from the Yarn Barn that use to be in Speculator, NY that I had the privilege of working at for a couple of summers back in the 1980's.  I decided to make it because I had all those small balls of yarn leftover from the 2 train hoodies.  This one is a size 1, and while the buttons are on the boy's side, Jeff says it's not a boy's sweater.  Who cares, huh?   If it sells I'll do it again and put the buttons on the girls' side just to make him happy!
   I love this Flowers and
Lace set...a size 6mo...done in Red Heart White on Petal Pink.  It looks so delicate, doesn't it?  The same pattern, Flowers and Lace, a size 1 this time, is done in Red Heart Petal Pink on 

Frosty Green.  The pale pink shank buttons give it a very special look.  This design has been a very good seller this summer and I enjoy making it.  Right now I've got a size 2 in Red Heart white on my needles and I'm planning to put lavender shank backed buttons and lavender flowers on it.
    Now even Jeff admits that this size 6mo V-necked set is a little man's sweater. Size 6mo sweaters knit up so quickly I really enjoy making them!  That's good because I think I
may have to do another one this week to help fill in my space! 
   And here's the Train Hoodie that sold on Friday.  The one in the shop has light sage instead of spring green grass but it still looks cute.
  Oh, I also had an half empty hat rack and was able to only make 2 hats during the day, so I have to fill my hat bag.  I've done one each so far...baseball, pumpkin and apple...and the muscles in my left hand have started to spasm creating the Vulcan salute...Live long and prosper!

No comments: