Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Lazy (?) Summer Days!

   Yesterday Jeff, Fanny and I took a nice drive along Rte28 north to Barneveld to the DeSantis Meat Market.   Jeff had shopped there when he lived in Gray but I had never heard of it before.  He got to thinking about it again since he's been up to his brother, Tim's, lately and the day was just right for a road trip.  We had the windows open and we all enjoyed the sights and sound of being near the creeks.  The West Canada Creek and the Cincinnati Creek both looked inviting...but I bet they were cold!  We saw 2 does with their fawns along the Old Poland Road on the way home...actually had to stop and wait for one of the fawns to decide if it wanted to cross the road or not! We went thru an old brick tunnel that was just about big enough for the car to fit!  And the meat prices at DeSantis's weren't bad, either!  We will go back again.  We even stopped for gas at Stewart's in Middleville on the way home and had hot dogs for lunch.

What I put up with to keep my humans happy.
    Today I've been working on Pumpkin Hats for the shop. I was surprised to find that I was sold out of them when I got there on Sunday. (And, yes, it's early!)  I just finished one while watching the Olympics and Fanny had to inspect what I had done.  I couldn't resist taking a picture but I don't think she looks pleased. I should be able to do another one today and then leave them and this size 6mo sweater set
at the shop after my doctor's appointment tomorrow.  Then I have about a week until I have to work in the shop again so I should be able to do another hoodie.  Oh, a train hoodie sold over the weekend, too, but I won't try to replace that yet!

No comments: