Sunday, July 31, 2016

July Is Just about Over!

   July is ending on a wet note, a very wet note.  It has been raining since sometime last night and while sleeping to the sound of rain on the trees is very soothing, enough is enough!  Let it stop!!
   Jeff wanted to go out for breakfast so we were out and about at 9:30 this morning.  Did our grocery shopping at Hannaford before heading to Belly Busters (ol' Dandy Donuts on State St) for breakfast.  Then it was Walmart where Jeff decided which smart phone he had to have (a SmartTalk).  The tech/salesman explained the differences, price plans and what he could expect from each one they had on display.  After he made his choice, one even set it up for him!  When we got home we managed together to call his new smart phone from our home phone...took both of us to complete the call!  And then I 'lost' the phone icon and it took Jeff about 10 minutes to find it again.  I promise never to touch his smart phone again.  I think I'll stick with my little Tracfone.
   I worked in the shop yesterday and it was a good day without being overpowering...until I did the paperwork at the end.  I had over $750 in sales (2 hats and 3 sweaters were mine) and while my charges matched the settlement slip, the drawer was screwed up.  Oh, well, Judy can't seem to figure out what I did wrong but I think I put too much in the deposit.  By 5:45pm I was exhausted and gave up and left.  I guess I forgot to bring in the flag and take home the garbage, too.  Also forgot to turn off 1 set of lights.  I swore when I sat there in the parking lot looking at the shop before I left the building was dark inside.  Wonder if we have a gremlin? 
   When I got to the shop yesterday I found a note from Theresa telling me she had sold my size 6mo pink sweater the day before.  That means I sold 4 sweaters in 2 days...eek!   And my hat display was pretty 'holey', too.  I had 6 baseball hats on hand for the big HOF weekend and they all had sold!  Luckily I had 3 with me yesterday.  I guess I better get busy and start knitting!  I have skeins of pink, a light lilac and a pretty mint all waiting to be made into baby sweaters.  There's also enough gray to do another Pretty in Pink sweater (gray with pink trim) to replace one that sold last weekend.  The 2 I sold yesterday were hoodies so I've got to replace them, too.  I'm scheduled to work again next Sunday...wonder how many I can get done before then.
   Oh, the mice are back.  Jeff found one sitting on the stove eating a leftover baked potato.  I told that to my ophthalmologist's tech and she suggested I try the electric devices you plug in an outlet.  She said they work  and won't bother the dog so I bought one.  $21 plus change. (It better.) So far, so good.  Two days and no sign of mice. 
  

No comments: