Saturday, July 9, 2016

I Didn't Even Feel Like Knitting

    I spent yesterday in the shop in Cooperstown developing a sore throat.  And no, it wasn't caused by sitting in front of the AC all day because we don't have AC in the shop.  By the time I got home, I was tired, sweaty...I had taken a shower that morning but you couldn't tell...and generally in in a bitchy mood.  I had to stop at Walmart to pick up my Rx's so I called Jeff and asked if a rotisserie chicken would be OK for supper.  I saw that they had just filled the pizza display case so I grabbed a pepperoni pizza, too.  Fanny met me at the door...bouncing off the inside but it was locked and she was no help opening it. I had to put some of the grocery bags on the porch floor to get the door unlocked.  Once the door was open Fanny was all over me...or maybe she smelled the cooked chicken and the cooked pizza?  Anyway she wouldn't leave me alone...even following me to the bathroom!  I finally had to yell at her to leave me alone and let me pee in peace before Jeff called her and tried to get her to go outside.  I guess I hurt the dog's feelings because when she came back in she stayed away from me...for about 5-10
minutes.  We all ate the pizza for supper and Jeff had the chicken for his midnight snack.  He had gone to Belly Buster's (the old Dandy Donuts) for breakfast and came home with a loaf of their great rye bread and half a dozen of donuts.  Yum!
   All I got done in the shop yesterday between the few customers I had was read a book.  I put a
(click on the photo to enlarge it.)
display on the side of the building but had to take it down when it started to rain.  And boy, did it rain!  Our parking lot became a lake with our garden an island in it!  Once it stopped the water finally drained away but for about 20 minutes after that downpour, it was Lake Doubleday out there!
   Today I woke up with a croak instead of a voice and have been drinking hot sweet tea all day.  My throat still hurts but is better than last night but now
I'm freezing.  I made myself some pastina and butter (that's acini pepe for you nonItalians).  But
I'm still in a bitchy mood so I think I'll just grab a book and go to bed. 

(click on the photo to enlarge it.)

No comments: