Monday, July 11, 2016

It Only Gets Worse

       My sore throat developed into a full-blown cold and nothing is worse than a summer cold, right?  I spent most of Saturday and all of Sunday sleeping...and coughing and blowing my nose.  At least the weather was lousy so I didn't feel as if I was missing anything.  Sunday Jeff even made chicken soup of what was left of that rotisserie chicken I had gotten for Friday's supper!  Then today I had to do my self-INR test...or a finger prick...and got a really low reading (1.6).  Now I'm waiting for my anticoagulant nurse to call and tell me how my warfarin dose has been changed and if I have to go to the lab and have blood work done. (Dr. usually orders blood drawn in the lab if the meter reading is too far out of range and 1.6 is almost a full point below my range.) Now if this cold would just clean up.
   We've lost half of our corn crop to something that could pull the seedling right out of the ground!  Probably that raccoon that we've added to our
wildlife list recently.
   The folks at the florist near us on the highway own most of the land around us including the old
trolley right of way.  For years they allowed the local snowmobilers usage but lately 4-wheelers have taken over and the dirt trails are pretty mucked up. They tried posting the area but the kids didn't pay attention to the signs.  Then they tried fences but the kids took them down.  This year they told the snowmobilers 'sorry but you're out' and put cables across the paths.  And put up a game camera.
They got some good shots of the local wildlife...both
animal and human with clear facial shots of the 4-wheelers going thru the barricades.  Next they will be felling trees across the trail.  Jeff's already got permission to take down all that he wants to open up the back yard...something he's been wanting to do for some time now.
  I think it's nap time.  I hope I corrected all the misspelled words!

No comments: