Friday, July 29, 2016

I Have A Cataract

    I have a cataract that is ready to be removed.  I was told at my appointment at the ophthalmology clinic at Bassett in Cooperstown on Thursday that the cataract in my right eye is ready.  That explains why I can't read the channel menu on the TV some days or why the running scroll across the bottom of the screen is out of focus. My doctor and I agreed that because of my current problem with warfarin (my INR being out of range) it might be a good idea to get it back into range...and keep it there for awhile...before phasing off warfarin and on heparin and doing any surgery.  So, one problem at a time.  Let's get my INR back into range and keep it there before we schedule cataract surgery and besides, the need to phase off warfarin and onto heparin and then back onto warfarin after the surgery is not high on my list of 'Likes'.  Did it once, to have my left meniscus repaired and am not looking forward to doing it again .  So-o-o we'll decide next July when to do the cataract.  Hopefully that will be enough time to get the INR stable again.  In the meantime, it's a change in Rx for my glasses and hopefully, I'll be able to read the channel menu on TV. Or maybe I'll just get a pirate's eye patch.
   HOF Weekend was very successful for the shop.  I sold out of baseball hats so that's today's chore.  Should be able to do 3 or 4 to take down with me tomorrow when I work.  Yesterday I took down a size 1 Black Sheep cardigan in dark jade with raspberry trim.  There's suppose to be a matching hat in the shop but it was part of the outside display and it was too hot and bright for me to take any photos after having my eyes dilated during my eye exam.  If they're both there tomorrow I'll snap their photo and post it tomorrow night. (Opps...the hat didn't match!)
   I was down to my last 3 raspberry buttons and Walmart had already discontinued them because they labeled them 'spring items'.  I tried the manufacturer's website but no luck there, either.  They were made solely for Walmart and are now out of production.  And I did buy all that was on display every time I was in the local store!!!  Anyway, I modified the front of the cardigan a little and it got the last 3 buttons. Most toddlers who fit into a size 1 don't like buttons anyway!
   Jeff's brother and nephews were here last weekend and the 'boys' went fishing at Lowe's pond and the Erie Canal.  They got some but nothing like the big ones Jeff got last week.  It's been too hot to fish this week.  Maybe Tim will be back tonight or tomorrow.  Last week they stayed out all one night!

No comments: