Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Snowed In!

#2 Wally's house in the distance
#1
T   We're still snowed in today...as you can see from these photos.  Our little house in the little woods is surrounded with snow!  There is suppose to be a driveway in front of my car (#1) that leads down to a private road to my neighbor's (#2) house.  The next photo (#3) is 
#3
#4
from the back deck facing the woods and the last one (#4) is from the window by my computer also facing the woods.  It looks real nice...bright and sunny, but the temperature is -2!  Tomorrow it's suppose to be above freezing.  Oh, a heat wave!!
   Jeff and Wally...our neighbor...started at opposite ends of the driveway with both snowblowers and now we're open...with only 1 causality. Wally's riding blower didn't make it....and Jeff with the walk behind finished the job.   Freedom at last! (And I made it all the way to the mailboxes for the first time in 2 days!)  Good thing, too.  I've been calling the clinic and changing the appointment to have my INF checked for those 2 days!  Don't know how much longer I could put them off.  Unless we get snowed in again tonight I should make it tomorrow morning...and then a quick stop at the grocery store on the way home for dog food and bread, butter and milk.  Especially since there is suppose to be another snow storm in a day or so.  The cupboards here are nearly bare!  Good thing we put up a lot from the garden and what was on sale.  I'm sure Fanny's beginning to think Milkbones are special treats!  Oh, better pencil in a stop at the library, too.  I'm all out of books to read and there's been a lot of repeats on TV this week.
    I finished the sweater for the first skirt set last night.  Three more to do and then sew the buttons on the backs and do the embroidery around the keyholes on the fronts.  Then it will be time to do hats!  The shop opens for the season on Good Friday! Got to get busy!!