Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Snow

   We got plowed out again yesterday...another 10".  Actually Wally started on Monday but Jeff wasn't feeling good so Wally just did the straight part of the road...and blew his transmission again. (4th time in 4 days!)  Jeff came up yesterday and used the snowblower in front of the garage, between the garage and the house, around the house and down the hill to the driveway. (When the oilman came later he actually thanked Jeff for doing the path for him! Not too many folks do it any more and the fuel hose gets mighty heavy after a couple deliveries.)  Actually, Fanny thinks the path around the house  and back to the driveway is for her.  She enjoys being outside but being a short haired dog makes it cold for her.  She uses the path as a race course and can get 2 or 3 rotations in before she's cold enough to want to go in.
   I wanted Jeff to leave my car where it was and I'd worry about getting it another time...it was facing in...but he wouldn't.  The car was stuck and I ended up going out there  to pilot it while he pulled it out with the Outback. Took a couple of tries  before it popped loose!  I ended up driving it down to Wally's to turn around and backing it into the driveway.  The first attempt sent me sideways thru snow towards a pine tree but the snowbank stopped me. The 2nd try got me over near the garage and I thought why chance a third try? Jeff brought in a couple of bags of wood, a built a fire for me and then went home. I watched NCIS and dosed by the fire before I took some cough medicine and went to bed. I knew I'd end up with a cold or worse with this weather!  I think Jeff and I will both hibernate for a few days and try to get rid of these colds.  Valentine's day will not be anything special this year.

No comments: