Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cold Season

     The last week or so has been cold season...both inside and out.  I can't seem to stay warm unless I'm rolled up in bed fast asleep and that only works until my post nasal drip/sinus starts dripping and then I'm awake, coughing and cold again.  Jeff brought up his vaporizer and that worked a couple of nights.   But the last 2 nights the cough syrups (Robitussin last week, and Delsym this week) have worked too well and now I'm not  congested.  If I use  the vaporizer I eventually wake up with post nasal dripping...if I don't, I wake up coz I can't breath...with a stuffed nose.   Either way I sit in the armchair with a cup of hot tea until I fall asleep again.  I'm beginning to sound like Jeff...I don't think I've gotten more than 3 hours sleep at a stretch.  I was suppose to get my taxes done Tuesday at the Ilion Library but since I had spent most of the night coughing I called and rescheduled and went back to bed. I have a MD appointment next Thursday and I wouldn't be surprised if I've stopped coughing by then.  I can only hope.    
    Jeff's still fighting his cold and he went for the tests the neurologist ordered.   They take more out of him than people know.  Lying still for a CAT or MRI causes his back muscles to seize up and with his bathtub still out of order there is no way for Jeff to soak in hot water to relax them. 
   The only knitting I've gotten done in the last week or so is a pair of men's socks for a friend's husband. Got to get busy again!

No comments: