Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Happy Birthday, Jeff!

   Jeff's birthday was last Saturday, 3/1.  He officially became an 'old man'...61!  I had planned on doing a roast beef dinner but I took the wrong bag of beef out of the freezer and we ended up with steaks instead.  Still a good meal with baked potatoes and green beans.  For a 'birthday cake' I did a yellow sugar free cake mix and after it was baked, put holes in it with a large toothpick and poured sugar free strawberry jello over the cake.  The holes didn't work out quite like I had planned and most of the jello soaked the cake around the edges.  Only a few of the holes actually led to streaks of jello thru the cake.  But it was good, anyway, and we ate it!   I knitted him a pair of socks and bought him a bag of potatoes chips (joke).  Tried to buy him a new jacket but the XL at Walmart wasn't roomy enough for him.  Oh, well....
   In the mean time I've been keeping busy filling my stock bag with more cotton socks and tops for ladies. Even started another pair of fingerless "tea-gloves"...this time in black with a Celtic knot lace pattern on the back of the hand.  I decided to wait until the beginning of Spring (3/20) to start the baby stuff.  They work up so much faster...could be the larger needle and thicker yarn.  I've also done a couple of orders (baby socks and ladies socks) and I'm still waiting for an order of cashmere yarn to arrive so I can do a hat my cousin asked for.  I am getting tired of knitting and am looking forward to a week's vacation from the needles after the shop opens in April.

No comments: