Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fanny got her dates mixed up!

   Tuesday morning I had an appointment to have my taxes done so I left Fanny and Jeff sleeping and got up early to make the coffee.  Don't know if the aroma from the brewing coffee woke him first but suddenly there was noise in the bedroom:  Fanny was waking Jeff up with doggie kisses!  Not something he enjoys but Fanny seemed to like it.  Must have thought it was Valentine's Day.
   I've been having my taxes done by the volunteers from AARP for the last couple of years.  There's less of a mob at the Ilion Library so I've been going there.  It takes some time...this year about an hour...but the return is worth it.  And they can efile for you so I should get my return in about 3 weeks.
   When I got home I did steak and eggs for brunch and we watched TV all afternoon with a nice fire in the wood stove.  I got the 2nd sock for Steve's wife started...after a couple of false starts to get the 'self' stripes in place...hope to finish that today.  Then it'll be back to cotton socks for the stock bag.
   Judy called..Skyped...from Cayman yesterday.  They were having a heavy rain...unusual for them in winter.  We talked about the floor plan for the shop and decided to meet with a couple of other members April 2nd.  Changing things around will mean a couple of days of hard work.  The shop layout hasn't changed in a couple of years and it's time.
   Watched a little of the Olympics yesterday...Ladies short program in figure skating.  Then watched a NCIS marathon on USA that was dedicated to Ralph Waite who played Gibbs's father.  He also played Booth's grandfather on Bones at the same time.  Does that make Booth and Gibbs related?

No comments: