Thursday, February 13, 2014

Another Snowy Day

   It's another snowy day with accumulations predicted to be between  5-8".  Jeff took our 3 month old snowblower down to the repair shop yesterday. Last week he hit a pile of frozen doggie do-do and the shear pin did not break like it was suppose to...instead, the auger bent.  The guys at Collis' (where we bought it) said they'd try to fix it quick and they did!  Got the phone call this AM that it was fixed...and 'under guarantee', so 'no charge'. Now that's a couple of the reasons we shopped locally and bought small.   Jeff got a package of shear pins and I think several on the machine were changed, too.  He finished the pass he was doing when the auger bent and is ready to do it again tomorrow...if we get more snow tonight.  And since it is snowing steadily right now, I think he'll be busy tomorrow.  I promised to take him out for supper tomorrow (Valentine's Day) in payment for all the hard work...especially for lifting the snowblower onto the utility trailer!!
   I've been spending these wintry days next to the woodstove with my knitting.  I'm on the 4th ladies cotton tank top, 4th pair of cotton socks and 2nd pair of tea gloves (fingerless, of course.)  I've been watching a lot of History and Smithsonian...some interesting programs on the Great Wall of China and the Battle of the Alamo.  Programs I can listen to and not have to watch the screen.
   Heard that my cousin, Chris and wife Denise, are expecting their first child this summer.  Got to put something for them on my knitting list, too.
   I made some meatballs the other day and I think the dog and I will finish what's left for supper tonight. I don't care what Jeff (and my grandmother Molinaro) say...I'm Italian and you can't beat a good meatball!

No comments: