Saturday, February 8, 2014

   Ah, snow!  We got about 7-8" on Wednesday and Wally, from next door, had plowed the length of the driveway Wednesday after it stopped snowing. Thursday I had to go to Basset for an PT-INR (a blood test of my clotting factors) and I knew I could drive out to the mailbox without any problems but I had to shovel to and around the car to clean off the window so I could see where I was going!  I got as much as I could off, then drove into the driveway and cleaned off the rest.  I got bogged down at the mailboxes but the Subaru did it's thing and we got un-stuck without having to do any digging.  (My INR was 2.9...which my doctor thinks is near perfect for me.) After that I went to Hannaford's and did a little grocery shopping, got some cooked chicken at the salad bar there and went home.  Had a little trouble backing up into the driveway between the house and the garage but managed to get in finally.  Yesterday Jeff gave me a lesson on using the snowblower.  It's not that difficult but I don't want to be an independent woman that much!  We both know that I can do it if I have to, but I'm not going to unless he makes me. He finished the driveway and the path around the house(past the stove chimney and heating fuel intake pipe) but then something went wrong and he broke a pin or something and that ended the snowblower's usefulness.  Today Jeff was going to stop at Kenny's to find out exactly what the guarantee will fix for us.  Remember, it was new in November!!   

I was happy to go back to my knitting.  I've got 3 tank tops and 2 pairs of ladies socks finished.  I started a pair of tea gloves (fingerless) with a keyhole on the back of the hand and a button closure, lacey little things.  Ladies sweaters and socks take a lot longer to knit that babies and children's.  I was going to spend a month on them, but haven't got as much finished as I wanted to so I'm going to keep  working on them for a couple more weeks.  I know I can do 2-3 baby sweaters in a week, and a pair of baby socks in 2 days, so I can wait until March to start working on them.  In the meantime, I've worn holes in both my index fingers working on the small sharp pointed needles.  I will be glad to get back to the blunt size 8's!  
   The Canadian TV station in our cable system has been showing the Olympics live...so is NBCSN...but I haven't found anything exciting to watch yet.  Oh, well, back to the comfort of the wood stove and my knitting!  Can't wait to find out how much the snowblower repairs will be.

No comments: