Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

   Valentine's Day was bright and sunny and not very cold...temps were in the mid 20's.  (Amazing how you can appreciate the little stuff.)  We spent this afternoon moving snow and wood:  Jeff got the driveway and the alley...the area between the house and the garage and the path around the house...clear of yesterday's snow and I cleaned the snow off my car and moved firewood into the house.  Jeff clearly worked harder...and longer...than me but I did have a pot of coffee ready for him and a nice fire going in the stove when he came in for breaks.  Fanny stayed outside with Jeff most of the time and when we went out for supper she was stretched out across the bed half asleep.  (Unfortunately, she did not stay asleep. When we got back, she had the bag of red potatoes on the kitchen floor...a half eaten raw potato was on the bed with the torn up empty egg carton that she had taken out of the garbage.)  We had tried to go to Liz's Diner in Mohawk but it wasn't open so we ended up at Donna's Diner on Rte 5 near the house.  Their fish fries are very good.  Today's sides included macaroni and cheese and cole slaw...both delicious but I should have know better than to have them together.  Oh, well, I always said as a kid that milk made me sick.
   I couldn't find anything of interest on TV so I concentrated on knitting socks.  I've got 2 pairs going (one for my stock bag and the other's an order) and I took turns working on them both.  I'm waiting for the yarn for a hat order.  I wish it would get here...I'm a little tired of socks but since I think it's suppose to snow again tomorrow I guess I'll be working on socks.  Jeff's got the latest Die Hard dvd and I can knit faster with a good action movie on.

No comments: