Friday, March 7, 2014

Another Day in the Life

   Jeff's been looking for a new hunting knife (and portable water filter kit) to put in his fishing pack so yesterday we went shopping at Gander Mt (disappointing) and Pro Bass Shop (always fun!).  He found what he was looking for at Pro Bass Shop and we exchanged stories (compost bin fire, etc) with the sales staff while he made up his mind.  They told us the dog didn't have to wait in the car, she was welcome in the store, so next time we're going to bring her in and I can sit in the waiting area in the front of the building while he shops.  If she doesn't freak out there we'll try walking around the store another day.
   While we were having coffee before we went to Utica, Jeff's sister Sherry called.  She has 2 dogs (a miniature Schnauzer named Max who's about Fanny's age, and a miniature Cocker-Schnauzer mix about a year old named Sunny)  and Sunny had engineered an escape from the back yard that morning.  She caught her walking calmly down the driveway after digging under the back fence.  Sherry had tried to block the escape route but she wasn't sure she had done a good job. We stopped at Sherry's so Jeff could re-enforce the blockade.  The 3 dogs get along fairly well, Sunny is a little intimidated by Fanny's size and Max doesn't want the 2 girls to be friends but we're working on it.  
   After being out all afternoon I wasn't in the mood to cook so we stopped at KFC and got a family bucket with 3 sides...a good meal at $19.99.  
   I finally got the cashmere blend yarn I had ordered from WEB's in Massachusetts but I'm not pleased with it.  Unfortunately, I balled up the yarn (it came in a hank) and started the hat before I made that decision so I can't return it.  Today I ordered another cashmere blend, again from WEB's, but this time I will not ball up the yarn before I make a decision about it. I never realized how difficult finding a cashmere blend sport yarn would be.  My favorite yarn company, KNITPICKS, was out of it and wouldn't restock until the end of March, and I couldn't find it anywhere else. I'm beginning to think I should have waited.

No comments: