Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Waiting for Vulcan

   All the weather reports are predicting another (maybe the last one of this winter??) winter storm, named Vulcan, which will leave about 8" of snow, for tonight and tomorrow.  Now, 8" isn't that bad but when the town plow piles another 8-12" inches on top of it, the driveway will be effectively blocked until Wally or Jeff snowblow it open.  So-o I made sure the refrigerator and pantry are well stocked, went to the library and picked up the 3 books I had ordered(new author for me: James D. Doss who supposedly does for the Utes what Tony Hillerman had done for the Navajos.  I'll let you know.)  and have a variety of yarn in my on-deck box.  I brought in another bag of wood from the shed, too.  Now, it can snow all it wants.  I'm good for 2 or 3 days...but it doesn't have to!  I'm ready for spring.  I've even started checking the yard for daffodils...but those beds are still under 8-12" of snow and ice.  I've caught up with my knitting orders except one but that yarn is on back order again...seems there's a shortage on cashmere. Oh, well, everything I knit this time of year just goes into the stock bag.
   

No comments: