Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Where Are The Socks?

Yesterday after another of my mom's MD appointments we went to JoAnne's and stocked up on yarn...as if we needed to! My boss had gotten some Debbie Mumm kettle dyed yarn there that was beautiful and I was interested. Anyway, I had added 2 more fingerless mitts to my gift giving list and was looking for some cute self-striping superwash wool for them that I found there. The hybrid pattern I created is super easy and I can do 1 mitt in an evening, so I should have enough time to finish everything. I decided to give a male coworker a seaman's scarf that's finished instead of a pair of socks that isn't even started and changed the yarn for a shawl/scarf for another coworker from sport to bulky. Now, that should help a lot, too! The tabi socks are 1 3/4 done, and there's only 1 other pair of slipper socks to start. Mom got yarn for a scarf for me, and we got a couple of sets of dp needles that we really, truly needed. (Yeah, right).

Fred's socks haven't made it to China as of Monday evening. They are definately taking the scenic route! His apartment has lost it's internet connection for about the 3rd or 4th time since September and he was in an internet cafe typing in near darkness. It has warmed up a little and he has 48 days off beginning this Friday...w/o pay. (He's considered an English Expert teaching conversational English and doesn't have to prepare students for final exams giving him an extra 2 weeks off.) He wants to travel around China a little during that time but the lack of funds will slow him down. I decided to use Red Heart acrylic burgandy for his vest. The pattern was featured in Interweave Knits a couple of years ago and is suppose to be perfect for his body type...x-large... with a v-neck, front buttons and a small cable trim around the neck and down the front. The color will go with most of his shirts and the acrylic will be good for his laundry habits...put everything in the machine, add water and detergent and let it do it's thing! Hopefully, I'll get it finished and mailed by Jan.1, leaving the rest of the vacations days for it to get to him before school starts again. I just wonder where the socks are.

No comments: