Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fred's Socks

I got an email from Fred last night. The slow boat to China finally docked and he got his socks! Here's part of what he wrote...

Guess what...... the school director just brought in your package............. 2 pair of hand knit socks ........ one wool..... hand care, only / and one corn fiber - elastic mix ....= hang dry. Xie xie........... You spent 27 bucks to send them ......wow! I will be sure to wear them ......... the candy kisses were nice ......... i bet the Chinese have more kinds of candy than we do in the USA.... they seem to have more varieties of everything ............... food, drink, ethnic people, etc., etc. The little letters ..........I will give to Joe ......... he teaches elementary .........I called him and he can give to some of his 'teacher-aid helpers' to play the word game with the students in small groups.............. so...... although, I can not use them, ........... they will be put to good (learntheEnglishlanguage) use.

Now I can start his sweater vest...and some fingerless mitts for him-- eventho he says he probably won't wear them, a pair for Joe, and for Lily and maybe one for the lady in the street cafe across the street from his apartment. But all after tomorrow! I'm down to the last pair of fingerless mitts for tomorrow. I may just make it! Oh, the socks took 23 days. That's USPS Priority Mail. Yeah.

No comments: