Monday, December 22, 2008

Scarves


Christmas is getting close and I'm actually getting things done!
Two scarves are finished and gifted. Well, only one actually had to be knitted. The white seaman's scarf was already in the finished pile. The green lace scarf is a variation on a shawl in Victorian Lace Today (p.144). I did just 3 repeats and only worked the first 6 sts of the knit-on border. It ended up about 10" wide and 66" but it could have been longer. I did the scarf while minding the store in Cooperstown on Saturday and then while we were snowed-in on Sunday I did the border. It's in Rainbow Classic from JoAnne's. It worked up nice and fluffy and my coworker liked it so much she wore it home today!

My mom helped with the mitten candy bags for the rest of my coworkers. Between us we did 12 bags in 2 days and they're filled with candy and ready to put in mailboxes tomorrow.

That leaves 1 fingerless mitt for my cousin who's house we'll be going to for Christmas dinner, and a pair for her sister-in-law. The girl who cuts my hair wants a pair, too, but she can wait until after Christmas. It looks like I'll get things done on time.

Oh, still no sign of Fred's socks.

No comments: