Friday, December 12, 2008

Fingerless Mitts...a Keeper!



My mom had an MD appointment yesterday with a doctor who's delightful but always running late so I took a fingerless mitt to work on. I finished it except the last 2 rows of ribbing while we were there and now have 2 partner-less mitts! The 1st one I did on Sunday (size 2 dp, sock yarn) ended up too fussy...those fingers!!...and small, and the 2nd one (size 6 dp, worsted yarn, yesterday's effort) ended up big enough for Fred! So last night I decided to combine the patterns and come up with my own version. It worked up perfectly with sock yarn on 2 circulars size 2's using the best parts of both patterns! I was using self-stripping yarn so I took an informal survey at work this morning about matching or non-matching stripes and the result is non-matching...why waste yarn. So my fingerless mitts will be wild stripes!! I hope to finish the partner tonight and 1 gift will be done! How many does that leave to finish with 12 days to go??

1 comment:

Alison said...

That's a cheerful mitt for a cold day--cool!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com (Blogger will try to connect you to where my blog used to be, which doesn't work.)