Saturday, September 7, 2019

Something New

   Well, I did it.  I opened a shop on Esty.com.  It's called 'KnittingfoolbyMary' and right now it only has 5 sweaters and a rack of hats.  I'm keeping the prices the same as what the sweaters are in the shop but I'm going to offer free shipping.  Just got to stay cool and wait and see how it goes.  If they sell off the site, good.  If not, it's only an experiment.  
   Jeff got the new hose clamps put in place and drove home without any problems.  Now that's a waiting game, too.  He got another bottle of sealer and added that to the radiator, too.  Still got to get another bottle of antifreeze.  Boy, we've gone thru that stuff like it was water!!  He still doesn't want me to try Vickerman Hill with the Forester for awhile.  He wants to be sure all the leaks are plugged and everything else is running the way it should.  So do I.
   I said I wouldn't be making any friends with my announcement that I wasn't going to be working in the shop anymore this year.  Got accused of being selfish and other things but that's the way it goes.  I had to get a replacement for myself for tomorrow and was able to get one of the guys to open in the morning but he could only stay until 1pm.  If no one else comes forward the shop will be closed half the day tomorrow.  (And I'll get the blame for that, too, no doubt, but personal safety has to come before the shop.)  Thanks to Ward and Anita the shop will be open all day!!--9/8/19
   I ordered a box from Misfits, an online produce company and it came today.  Jeff wasn't thrilled with what we got.  There was kale, 2 sweet potatoes, a leak, an big onion, 2 small zucchini and 2 bell peppers besides a bag of white grapes, 4 plums, 2 pears, 3 apples and something big and round that I can't ID.  Maybe a pomegranate?  They cost was $20 and Jeff wasn't impressed.  The veggies didn't thrill me (I'm suppose to stay away from kale...too much Vit K  & doesn't agree with Warfarin) but I really like the fruit!  Had some of the grapes for lunch!!  I think I'll try it one more time, if Jeff doesn't like what we get next time I'll cancel the subscription.  You can get it delivered every week, every other, once a month or every other month.  I picked every other week.  I also changed my preference to include cheese and snacks next time.  He might like that, too. He put all the veggies in the crock pot with a small beef roast and let it cook all night.  Boy, does it smell good!  Today's meals are done!!--9/8/19
  I have to say that I honestly feel better knowing I'm not going to Cooperstown tomorrow.  It was starting to get to me and I've had a couple of nightmares about the car.(Don't tell Jeff!)  I don't think I'll miss the shop that much...some of the people, yes, sitting there all day...I don't think so!  Hey, I even told Jeff I might start to clean house regularly.  

No comments: