Thursday, September 5, 2019

Something Good At Last!

    Well, I didn't make it to the shop yesterday with the new brakes after all.  I got as far as Dennison Corners when that damn red light on the dash started flashing again.  It finally came on and stayed on around Columbia Center Rd and I pulled over and stopped and put on my 4-way flashers and called Jeff.  He said to let it cool off (it had steamed and boiled over) for 15-20 mins so I called the shop and then pulled the book I had with me out of my project bag, opened some windows and got comfortable.  Just when I was about ready to check the radiator and add more water a car pulled up and parked in front of me.  I couldn't believe it!  It was my friends, Maggie and Horst, on their way home from shopping in the Valley.  Well, we checked the radiator and I added more water but we thought it kept leaking out so I asked them to take me home and bring Jeff back to the car.  By the time he got back there, the engine had cooled off completely and where ever it had been leaking had stopped leaking. (He had put in more sealer that morning so maybe it finally worked?)  On the way home he stopped and bought a new thermostat and gasket and will do that job tomorrow or Saturday.  (Did you know a new gasket...in effect a large rubber band...could cost almost $7?) Let's see if a 'sticky thermostat' has been our problem all along.
    While I was sitting on the side of Rte 28 yesterday waiting for my overheated car engine to cool off, the shop was busy with customers.  They ended up
selling 3 of my sweaters!  The pink Flowers and Lace sweater was relatively new having been on  display for only 2 weeks!
The train hoodie had been in the shop a little longer and the Dolly and Me set had been there since we opened in April!  And they all went to the same lady!  Thank
you, Madam!   I have another Dolly and Me set in the stock bag (but it's Flowers and Lace instead of Black Sheep) but I don't have any Train hoodies or Black Sheep sweaters on hand.  I could put just the Flowers and Lace sweater in the shop and do a new Dolly and Me set with in the Black Sheep design...I don't know...  Whatever I decide to do I'd better get busy and knit! 
And I can't stop doing hats!  I'm out of Pumpkin hats and low on baseball hats.  Oh, my
left hand is going to hurt!  The tendinitis is going to flare up but that's just my occupational hazard!!  I looked for arthritis compression gloves at Walmart the other day but couldn't find them.  Jeff said he saw them so I guess I'm going to have to take him there and have him show me where they are.  And soon.
  Last night we went to Denny's for supper.  I thought Jeff deserved a special dinner for all the hard work he's been doing on (under the Forester) and I was too tired and keyed up to prepare one.  He got one of their skillet/platter dinners...bourbon chicken...he had me taste it...very good!  I got chicken tenders with french fries and Southwester creamed corn.  There was Buffalo dunking sauce for my chicken...  also very good!  It was nice to sit down and eat a dinner without having cooked it or having to do the dishes afterwards.  The only things I didn't like was the crowd at the table behind us (high school kids) and the air conditioner blasting away...it was cold in there!  (And I was wearing a flannel shirt!)  But the food definitely made up for the inconveniences.  

No comments: