Thursday, July 25, 2019

On The Road...Again!

   We are back on the road again.  All it took was a $51+  heater core tube and a 6-day stay at the mechanic's.  We won't go into the cost of labor and other parts.  Now, boys and girls, let's keep our fingers and toes crossed that that's the end of the major repairs on the Forester for awhile.  Jeff's planning on doing the brakes (front pads next week, all 4 rotors next month) so they won't be a surprise...but enough is enough!
     What I really want to know is what happened to Zoey's harness today?  After Jeff picked up the car at Hillslide Repairs and us at home we headed to town to do those errand that had accumulated these last 5 
days.   While we were at The Medicine Shoppe in Ilion getting Jeff fitted for a back brace the girls were alone in the car because it was in a small parking lot with little pedestrian traffic. Jeff stayed with them in the car while I exchanged books at the Library and when we stopped for gas at Stewart's in Ilion, I stayed in the car with the dogs.  He didn't want to go into the store so when we got to Walmart, Jeff stayed with them.  And when we got home this is how we found Zoey's harness across her chest!!  I really liked this style harness, too! It was rather like a bra...there were 2 straps that she stepped into and the thing fasten on her back.  I liked it so much I wanted to get one big enough to fit Fanny...when I accumulated enough $$ to afford it!! (It was not cheap...at Tractor Supply.) This makes the 3rd harness Zoey has destroyed in about 2 years.  But the question is, on who's watch did it happen?
   I'm scheduled to work in the shop again tomorrow and boy, do I hope I make it.  I've got my Pin-stripe Mariano Rivera Hoodie and some cotton baseball hats already in my bag. This week I've been done booties...rather like a penance since they're done with baby yarn on US1's.  I've got 3 pairs almost finished.  They just need
the ends worked in and a button sewed on each one.  They were a good way to use up some leftover yarn.  Sharon, another CCC member, gave me a box of buttons last year and in it were 2 cards with 3 small heart-shaped buttons.
Too small to be practical on a sweater but they will do nicely on these booties.  Good thing, too, since Walmart had almost no buttons of any size or color today.  
   Their yarn display wasn't that full, either but luckily they did have 1 skein of Spring Green...just the color I needed for an order I got for a baby sweater from a customer from Indiana.  Good thing I didn't need to rely on Walmart for the buttons for that sweater!  I just ordered them from Buttonlovers.com.  The postage is a little much but the buttons are perfect and will be here by Monday or Tuesday.  Something is going right for me, huh?




No comments: