Monday, July 22, 2019

  I was ready to head south to Cooperstown Friday with my stock bag full but the Forester had other
'Mariano Rivera' Hoodie
ideas.  We didn't make it to the shop.  We didn't make it to Richfield Spring.  We didn't even
make it to the Jordanville Rd.  The check engine light started flashing as I drove up the hill and suddenly the entire dashboard was lite up like a Christmas tree.  I pulled over, turned on the flashers and called Jeff.  Then Dave, the mechanic.  Then Judy and Debb...so the shop would still be open.  I sat there in the hot sun with all the windows open and knit until the tow truck showed up.  I wondered why he came from Richfield instead of Mohawk but figured it out quickly when we headed down the Jordanville Rd and took the 'scenic' way back to Little Falls. (Less traffic/no troopers.)  Jeff had checked all the fluids (oil, water, antifreeze) before I had left, and he thinks a thermostat may have stuck.  No word from Dave yet.  I hope he gets it unstuck soon.  I'm suppose to work the shop this Thursday.
  I'm very disappointed I missed the shopping frenzy Induction Weekend is.  I had 6 bb hats that I was hoping...no, I was positive they would have sold.  The navy and white, Pin-stripe hoodie probably would have sold, too, especially since it was going to be labeled the 'Mariano Rivera' hoodie. Oh, well, the label will still say that when I get it there.  
   In the meantime I switched gears and have made a couple of pairs of newborn booties.  Should be able to get another pair or two done before Thursday, too.  Oh, I just love working on US 1's.
(UPDATE:  7/23/19:  The diagnosis for the Forester--the hose that was loose a month ago...remember the mechanic had tightened the clamp holding it...developed a crack/hole/leak and that caused the flashing CHECK ENGINE light and overheating engine.  Waiting for the new hose.  Should have the hose installed and the car back by Thursday but I switched work days with a friend and I'm now planning to work on Friday.  Keep those fingers and toes crossed...PLEASE!!)

No comments: