Monday, February 5, 2018

New Glasses

   I had an appointment today with Tim Woolner, an optometrist in Ilion.  He was recommended by Fran Baggetta, my usual optician, after my recent cataract procedures.  Bassett managed to screw up my records telling Dr. Woolner that I had had only 1 eye taken care of and sending the Rx's for both eyes but incorrectly labeled.  I had another eye exam...or rather 2 eye exams...to get the Rx's straightened out and found out that I already have the beginning of a cataract on my right eye which will probably require a laser treatment and the stitch is still in my left eye.
   Steve, the optician at Dr. Woolner's, was surprised how quickly I picked out a pair of plastic frames.  I went with plastic frames because I'm tired of having to hide my metal framed glasses when I take them off.   (Zoey has done quite a number on one ear piece and both lens!)  With the new plastic frames I can just slip them up on my head like a hairband...well out of her inquiring way (I hope)...when I get up from knitting to go to the bathroom or get a cup of coffee.  The new glasses will be invisible bi-focals, in transition lens so I can knit or read outside in comfort.  They will also be scratch resistant...for 2 years in case Zoey does get at them! The new glasses will make it safer to drive because they'll allow me to see the dashboard of the car.  Without glasses, I have no trouble seeing beyond the end of the hood but the speedometer is totally out of focus! 
   I had to pay the $40 copay for the office visit (which I expected) and the glasses came to around $400 but Dr. Woolner wants to submit them to my insurance and Medicare before I worry about any
copay.  I  was very satisfied with the way the appointment went today and was hoping to get Jeff to make an appointment for himself but he beat me to it by asking if they were accepting new patients.
(only those related to current patients or referred by another doctor).  His appointment is in March.
    I explained the chewed up state of my glasses(Zoey) and Jeff mentioned she was in the car and the next thing I knew he was asking if he could bring her in.  She behaved beautifully...she even sat down when I told her to!  And Steve took her photo!
   Now I just have to wait for my new glasses!

No comments: