Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A Snow Day

  Today Zoey was scheduled to be spayed so Jeff took her to the vet's, Herkimer Veterinarians across from Denny's Restaurant, about 7:45am.  He was positive she'd carry on and bay up a storm when he left her but she remembered the tech and wagged her tail and went with her willingly without a single tear...or bay.  (I think Jeff was disappointed.) He stopped for coffee at Crazy Otto's and was shocked again that it cost him $2.50 for a single cup.
  Fanny and I had breakfast while he was gone and Fanny spent some time looking for Zoey.  I told her she had gone to the doctor's and would be back later and she didn't seem upset.  I got dressed and we were ready and waiting for the phone call to pick up Zoey when it came at 10:30am.  By then the snow storm had started and I told Jeff he'd have to do the driving.  I grabbed one of the towels from the chair next to my computer and told Fanny to watch TV and not to answer the phone and we left.  
   The road was lousy...I was very glad not to be doing the driving.  We decided Jeff would greet Zoey first and after he paid the bill he'd carry her out...so she wouldn't have to wade thru the snow...and put her on my lap in the car.  I had the towel ready and quickly wrapped her up and slowly she stopped shaking as she leaned into me.  She whimpered a little and looked at me but I knew she had no idea who I was or where she was!  Talk about being high!  Zoey was really flying this morning!  
   When we got home Jeff carried her in and put her on the couch so Fanny could inspect her.  Fanny accepted it was the real Zoey but again you could tell Zoey wasn't quite sure of anything!  She stayed on the couch for about half an hour getting use to the house and then decided to take a walk.  She wobbled into the kitchen, sat for awhile by my computer and eventually made it to Jeff's room and had to be helped into the dog bed under his computer table.   Zoey let loose with a couple of blooding curdling bays that sent Fanny under the kitchen table to hide!  She got into several positions trying to find the one that was most comfortable and finally fell asleep leaning 
on Jeff's leg. She changed position a couple of times so Jeff was finally able to move his leg!  She's still asleep...now stretched out in her dog bed. 

   In the meantime the snowstorm has intensified and it looks like we will end up with the +7" that was called for.  This is the view west towards Wally's garage.  Really looks like the groundhog knew what he was talking about this year, doesn't it?  I just glad we had an early appointment for Zoey's spaying and that it went smoothly and she was home by 11:30am.  I wasn't looking forward to going to town around 3pm to get her.  Now I have a nice fire going in the stove and I think it just may be time to get comfy in my chair...maybe with a book today.  I can fall asleep reading a lot easier than knitting.


No comments: