Saturday, February 24, 2018

End of February Ups and Downs

   The weather's been changing very fast around here.  We had 3 days of mid-40's to near 70 degree weather and then it snowed again.  The driveway...a speed skating rink this time of year...went from ice to mush to frozen mud back to muck in a week's time.  The yard's been covered with new snow...and looked so pretty...and then it melted and we're back to brown leaves and fallen tree branches.  When the ground is soft OR covered with new snow, the dogs will run around the house but when it freezes into a mini glacier field Fanny won't run thru it.  (Zoey takes off for Wally's thru the old horse pasture then forgetting her instructions to 'stay in the yard.')  Yesterday it rained and I ignored Jeff and put a fire in the stove.  Used all the wood that was inside and took the chill off the house.  Fanny and Zoey napped on the couch and I got most of my size 4 Black Sheep sweater done.  Today after we go to Walmart, I should finish it. Don't know if I'll start another size 4 or knock out a couple smaller sweaters.
  Fanny & Zoey went to the groomers, Olivia's Happy Tails, on Main St in Herkimer on Thursday to have their monthly mani-pedi and their ears cleaned.  Neither was too happy with the procedures but Zoey loved the attention she got...even rolling over to show off her spaying scar!  (Fanny tried to hide under a chair in the waiting area in hopes that we'd forget she was next!)
   I didn't have to cook supper when we got home because when we stopped at the N Main St Greek Diner for a late lunch Jeff was able to get a covered roast beef sandwich (with mashed potatoes)...something he's been wanting for a couple of weeks.  I ended up fixing myself a PBJ around 8pm but I don't know what...if anything...he had later.  Jeff had got a good size pork loin at Hannaford earlier in the week and when we stopped there on the way home he finally found Campbell's slow cooker sauce for pulled pork.  We had it once before but haven't been able to find it since.  I think I'll put it in the crock pot tonight and that will be dinner tomorrow.  Definitely something to look forward to!

No comments: