Monday, April 10, 2017

Off to Merry Ol' England...Well, My Package Is!

Just back from the post office after sending my Yarn Pal's package on it's way. I remembered what my mother use to say about stuffing a fat lady into a girdle as I urged my package into one of the post office supplied bags...but like a fat lady, it finally fit! Sent it First Class to England and I think the girl said it should arrive in 5-7 days. And we won't discuss the cost of  International Postage! I only listed the gift I made on the customs declarations and declared just the cost of the yarn to make it, too. I didn't want my YP to have to pay a big custom's bill so I didn't itemize all the extras.  Let's hope it arrives without being opened!  I enjoyed collecting the little accessories, too.  After I send the proof I mailed the package to one of the moderators, Robin,
I just have to wait to see how my YP reacts.  I hope she posts some photos because while I took a photo of the gift I made I did not take any of the rest of the package! I just kept throwing things into the bag!
   Now comes the hard part...the waiting...and I have to wait to receive a package myself.  'Yarn Pals' is a double swap...you send to somebody and somebody else sends to you. 


No comments: